Today in the modern era where every person focuses more on outer appearance than inner beauty, yellow-colored teeth can be quite embarrassing. No matter what’s the reason behind them, people don’t like such stained and discolored teeth. Besides, everyone wants the secret behind bright white teeth. The secret behind stain-free teeth has always been misery. I have seen many people who are desperate for white teeth because it lacks their confidence and self-image. Thus they try plenty of remedies to get them.
Do you have stained yellow-colored teeth and have tried your best ways to whiten your teeth, but nothing worked? Don’t worry! If you want to whiten your teeth either with natural remedies or with some innovative technologies, you’re at the right place.
I have a lot to discuss with you. So that, when you return back after reading my article, you have got some solution to your discolored teeth. Thus, bear with me, and let’s proceed.
Factors Affecting Teeth Color
Basically, some factors depend upon the discoloration of your teeth. Hence you need to bring the actual reason behind it; then, you’ll be able to pick the best solution for your stained teeth. However, these elements may include:
- Some people may inherit such yellow teeth genetically.
- Lifestyle choices such as smoking, more cups of coffee, especially black coffee, poor oral hygiene can faint your teeth color.
- Many people find their teeth becoming yellow with age because their thinning tooth surface starts to come out and show the darker part from inside.
- Some gum diseases, tooth decay, several medicines or antibiotics can also lead your tooth to discoloration.
People Should Not Whiten their Teeth
Some people should not whiten their teeth because of their oral and overall health. People going through certain diseases and unhygienic issues should avoid whitening their teeth because it can be dangerous. Specifically, people who have done some orthodontic treatment or other dental work definitely should not apply any natural remedy or other techniques to whiten their teeth.
Notwithstanding, if you’re experiencing yellow teeth because of the following reasons, you might not need to whiten your teeth:
- Genetics can naturally decolor or darken your teeth, due to which some whitening remedies may not work well on your teeth.
- Some major health issues can be the cause, due to which you shouldn’t go for teeth whitening ways. These could be tooth decay, oral surgery, Gastroesophageal reflux disease, exposed roots or dentine, hydrogen peroxide sensitivity, overly sensitive gums or teeth, pregnancy or breastfeeding, or you might have Ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease under the age of 18.
- Dental repairs such as crowns, veneers, fillings, retainers, caps, or implants also do not have any impact on whitening techniques because they are not your natural teeth.
- Deep-rooted stains in teeth. These can either be caused due to tetracycline antibiotics, trauma, tooth decay, fluorosis, or dentinogenesis imperfecta. These stains are hard to get rid of.
Reasons Why Teeth Become Yellow
There could be multiple reasons behind the yellowness of your teeth which are mentioned below:
A number of factors can cause tooth stains which result in your teeth looking yellow, brown or even grey. These tooth stains could be extrinsic or intrinsic.
- Thin enamel could be another reason for the exposure of teeth yellowness. Some people are born with thinner enamel, and some might get it thinner with time. Besides, people who consume a lot of sugary or acidic food may get their enamel thinner.
- Consumption of sticky, sugary, or citric food, such as candy, soda, or dried food, can cause your teeth to yellow.
- Smoking or tobacco products and alcoholic beverages can also brown your teeth.
- Some types of antibiotics or other medicines or supplements.
- Consuming dark-tinted foods like black tea, coffee, red wine, berries, barbecue, soy sauce, beets, or tomatoes can stain your teeth.
- Poor oral hygiene can create thick plaque on your teeth which results in yellowness.
Best Way to Whiten Teeth
I have discussed numerous best ways to whiten teeth which are safe, budget-friendly, and effective methods. Although everyone holds teeth with diverse structures and textures, so according to this difference, the tooth stains also vary. Thus, you must identify the actual reason behind the yellowness of your teeth, then recognize which one could be the most efficient way to whiten your teeth.
If your teeth are discolored or pale from some drinks, stained food, or due to the age factor, then the whitening trays or clinical dental bleaching help you lighten your teeth and bring your bright white smile back.
On the other hand, if your teeth are darkened due to some oral health issues, dental restoration, or any other oral disease, you must discuss with your dentists before going for any whitening option by yourself.
Budget-Friendly Means to Whiten Teeth
People who seek a cost-effective way to whiten their teeth by using dental formulas at home can easily get an efficient way. You can simply adopt an OCT whitening kit which costs not more than $100 to $200. This kit is pretty affordable as compared to other dental whitening treatments, which cost approximately $500 to $1000 per session. Besides, this treatment is also cheaper than the dispensed take-away trays, which charge not less than $400. Not only this, along with these trays, you need to purchase additional whitening gels, which of course, need extra payment.
Effective In-House Methods to Whiten Teeth
If you don’t want to pick any dental formula or other technique to lighten and brighten your teeth, you can go for some easy and natural home remedies, which are considered super-effective for many people.
Using Whitening Toothpaste
Whitening toothpaste can be bought very easily from any pharmacy, supermarket, departmental store, or online. Whitening toothpaste comprises a minimal amount of polishing agents and abrasives, which help break and eliminate the plaque and surface stains on your teeth. Regular use of such toothpaste removes the yellow layer from your teeth and brings the inner white surface out. This is a good option to lighten your teeth.
DIY Home Remedies
You can make a natural teeth whitener solution yourself. There are plentiful natural remedies that are considered very effective and affordable to adopt. For such DIY remedies, you require every ingredient from your kitchen since these remedies are natural, so there is no side-effect or harm to use such a whitening teeth method.
Using Whitening Strips
You can either use teeth whitening strips which come in various colors, styles, and flavors. Some bleaching agents are put on these strips, such as carbamide peroxide or hydrogen peroxide. Hence, when you stick these strips, these whitening agents react with your teeth and lightens the yellow layers from your teeth. If you have sensitive teeth, whitening strips could be a great option for you.
Using Take-Home Whitening Kits
Some whitening kits come which can be used in homes by yourself. You can purchase such take-home whitening kits from your dentist, departmental store, pharmacies, or online. Typically, such kits deliver a more powerful effect that contains LED lights, desensitization gels, and tray cases. It is a good option for intense discoloration of teeth.
How to Pick the Right Teeth Whitening Method?
Generally, many people get confused about which whitening method they should adopt. Several factors need to be kept in mind before choosing the best way to whiten teeth that suits them appropriately.
These factors include:
Your budget: You must have set your budget before going for any method. If you can afford to spend $500 to $1000 on teeth whitening treatment, you can do it professionally through in-office whitening treatments. However, another means is to visit your dentist’s clinic, which costs approximately $400. Besides, you can also opt for whitening trays which can be purchased at $100. There are also some other home remedies which cost nothing.
Reason for teeth discoloration: Before choosing any whitening method, you must know the reason behind the discoloration of your teeth. Such common issues are discussed above in this article. Once you’ve identified the cause, it becomes easier to choose the best method for you.
Whether you need fast results: There are some methods which work effectively but gradually. Hence, if you need fast and effective results, you must search for the best and harmless way.
|Whatsoever whitening method you choose, don’t forget to visit your dentist to examine your teeth and get better guidelines. It enables you to accomplish more precise results.
Prevent your Teeth from Yellowness
Before your teeth start getting yellow, you must take some precautions to prevent them. All you need is to slightly change your lifestyle such as:
- Quit or reduce the consumption of alcohol, smoking, and other tobacco products.
- Rinse your mouth for at least a few minutes after every meal.
- Restrict the consumption of sugary, chewy, food, and acidic content in fruit juice.
- Use a straw while drinking stained or sugary beverages.
- Eat multiple fruits and vegetables instead of drinking their juices because they contain a certain amount of sugar in them.
- Consume foods that are rich in fiber.
- Brush and floss your teeth at least twice a day.
- Visit your dentist frequently for regular checkups.
|After taking your meal, do not hurry to brush your teeth. Wait for at least 30 minutes because when you eat or drink anything, some acids are released in your mouth, which can weaken your teeth’ enamel.
If you have bright and white teeth and you can eat anything, you must be grateful. There is plenty of stuff which you can eat and drink, and your teeth remain cleaned. However, whenever you feel a slight stain on your teeth, control it before it gets more prominent and permanent. Try to avoid sweet foods and consume rich-in-fiber foods to keep your teeth healthy. Also, take great care of oral hygiene to enjoy every taste in the world.